Thursday 9 September 2010

Blackberry-Apple Muffins

I received some fresh picked Blackberries and decided what better to make with them then muffins! Waking up early one morning due to an early phone call I took some leftover apples and threw them in! I've been getting a lot of requests for recipes so I'll throw in my muffin one. I've edited a bit in an attempt to perfect it and as most things these muffins are best fresh!



INGREDIENTS
(I half all of my recipes as I'm only cooking for two)
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 10 tbsp salted butter (1 1/4 sticks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup apples


METHOD

- Preheat oven to 375f(190c)
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together until fluffy! Add eggs one at a time and beat until incorporated.
- Beat in one half of the dry ingredients, one half of yogurt, one half of dry ingredients, and one half of yogurt, beat between each addition until just incorporated, do not over beat.
- Fold in fruit, be careful not to completely demolish blackberries.
- Place into buttered muffin tin and bake until muffins are golden brown, about 25 to 30 min. Test with a long toothpick to make sure centre of muffins are done and let cool for atleast 5 min.

0 comments:

Post a Comment